SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 25, 2022

Stenciling With Dies


Hello friends! I'm so glad you are back. Today I am sharing a project inspired by one of the techniques that Yana Smakula demonstrated in a class she taught at the Altenew Academy called Easy Die Cutting Techniques that is part of my Altenew Education Certification Program (AECP). There were six lessons and I chose the one I have not done before which is stenciling with dies. I don't own any cover dies like the one Yana used so I went with a stamp and die bundle called Focus On You. I bought these products a while back and never used them so today was the perfect day to bust them out.

I used one of the flower dies and placed it on a small piece of typing paper with a full sticky note on top. The typing paper was too thin and I wanted to reenforce it a bit, also, if I wanted to do a bit of masking I already had my masking die-cut ready to use. I felt the cardstock I own was a bit too thick so to make a template so I chose not to use it. After I did the stenciling I took the image the die belonged to and stamped it directly on top of the stenciling. The image was then colored with my Faber-Castell Polychromo Colored Pencils. I did a bit of stenciling around the floral image with the Feeling Dotty stencil. Lastly I added a heat embossed sentiment from the set Leaf Canopy. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Rema:)






1 comment :

AECP Level 1 Final Challenge - Part 2 Feminine Card Set

Hello and welcome to Part 2 of my final AECP Level 1 challenge. I'm so glad you are here! Today I will be sharing with you the Feminine ...