SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 2, 2022

AECP Level 1 Final Challenge - Part 1 Masculine Card Set


 Hello and welcome! I have completed the first level of the Altenew Educator Certification Program. Although I have been creating cards for the last 13 years and I did know most of the techniques discussed in the lessons, I did pick up a few tips along the way. These classes have made me think about the creative process a little differently.

For my final challenge, I am to create one set of Masculine cards and one set of Feminine cards using at least three techniques that were discussed in the ten courses from Level 1. Also, I am to create packaging for my cards using a recycled item. Each set must include at least four to six cards each. Today I will discuss the Masculine card set I created. So let's get started!


Here are several courses I chose for my Masculine card set:


Card 1  Supplies:

Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink





First off, I gererously inked up the back of the Skylight Stencil with Distressed Oxide Inks,  spritzed it with a fair amount of water and applied it directly to my cardstock panel. I pressed down gently with a paper towel to pick up any excess water and pulled the stencil off leaving a pop art type of image. I die cut the word HI with my alphabet die set, heat embossed it with Altenew Antigue Gold embossing powder, adhered it to my card front and stamped a sentiment directly below it with Hero Arts Intense Black Ink. The panel was then adhered to my card base.

 A different angle of my card really brings out the shine!


Card 2 Supplies:

Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks
Gold Glitter Cardstock
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Pixie Tape





After I die cut a cardstock panel smaller than my A2 cardbase, I sectioned off an area towards the bottom with Pixie Tape. I did some ink blending in that area with various Distress Oxide Inks. Next, I laid the Liquid Marble Stencil over the blended area  and applied Hero Arts Intense Black Ink in the exposed areas. I set the panel aside to dry while I die cut the Fine Frames Rectangle Die from a piece of glitter cardstock. I carefully seperated the frames and adhered one frame to the center of my panel so that it overlaps the ink blended area. Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from the Wonderland Stamp Set and adhere the panel to my card base.


Card 3 Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks
Gold Glitter Cardstock
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Pixie Tape





For this one I applied Pixie tape to the sides of my die cut panel to form a rectangle in the center. After ink blending Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink in the sectioned off area I laid down my stencil and with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Ink I filled in the open areas. I adhered another glitter die cut frame from the leftovers of my previous card and stamped my sentiment.

***Note***
I included the link to the Geometric Landscape Stencil as part of a bundle set. There does'nt seem to be a option to buy the stencil on its own.



Card 4 Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Pixie Tape





For my last card I once again sectioned off a portion of the middle of my die cut panel with Pixie Tape and ink blended the area with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide. I laid the Halftone stencil over it and ink blended with the Black Intense Ink. This time instead of die cutting my sentiment with glitter cardstock I die cut it, applied Versa Mark embossing ink directly onto it, sprinkled Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder over it and heat it with my heat gun.

 
Packaging:
Recycled Acetate Box From A Previous Purchase
Black And White Twine from A Privious Purchase
Double Sided Sticky Tape.
Gold Glitter Cardstock



I circled the two patterns I used.

I taped a couple sheets from the paper pack together to wrap around the box.

I cut 4 strips of another pattern from the pack, two strps to wrap around the top portion and 2 strips to wrap around the bottom portion of the gift box.


Next I die cut the Fine Frames Rectangle die out of Glitter cardstock. I kept the 3 smaller frames but at the last moment I just kept the two smaller frames. I then stamped the sentiment from the Wonderland stamp set and glued the frames to the white piece of cardstock.


Here is my finished card box. Twine was added to the top and bottom for a finished look.


That concludes Part 1 of my finale challenge. I hope you enjoyed it. These cards took several days to make and I had fun creating them. Up next is Part 2, my set of Feminine cards. I hope you will join me.

Until next time!
Rema:)





1 comment :

  1. Fantastic CAS cards, Rema. My favourite would be the "just a note" card since it looks so elegant and classy!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 1 Final Challenge - Part 2 Feminine Card Set

Hello and welcome to Part 2 of my final AECP Level 1 challenge. I'm so glad you are here! Today I will be sharing with you the Feminine ...